Once again, we will be participating in the Good Giving Challenge, (www.bggives.org), sponsored by Smiley Pete Publishing and the Blue Grass Community Foundation. We are one of 131 local non-profits participating in the 2019 Challenge! This year’s Challenge begins …
on Dec 3rd at 9am and ends at 11:59:59pm on Dec 9th at 11:59.
Starting at 9:00am on Tuesday, December 3, go to https://www.bggives.org/providencemontessorischool and follow the prompts to donate!
- There are a lot of opportunities to raise the value of the money you give via a variety of challenges during the week.
This year there are two important MATCH days:
•Tuesday, December 3rd – 50% of your donation up to $250 will be matched
•Monday, December 8th – 50% of your donation up to $500 will be matched
- In addition, Providence has an anonymous donor offering to match ALL donations 100%, up to $10,000!!
For example: •If you donate $50 on December 3 and $50 on December 8th, each of those
donations will have a 50% match. PLUS an additional 100% Providence
match will apply to both of your donations, turning your $100 donation into
$250 for the school!
• If you donate $250 on December 3 and $500 on December 8th, each of
those donations will have a 50% match. PLUS an additional 100% Providence
match will apply to both of your donations, turning your $750 donation in to
$1,875 for the school!
- On Thursday, December 5th, the non-profits with the Most Unique Donors (people who have not yet donated to Providence through the Good Giving Challenge this year) are eligible for up to $30,000 in endowment prizes!
- Every Providence classroom is setting up a specific web page called an AMBASSADOR PAGE, detailing a fundraising goal per room and indicating items requested by the teachers as classroom enhancements. Homeroom parents will be in contact with information about your classroom’s Ambassador page. Making your donations to these pages will benefit the school at large, and be eligible for the matches.
Please mark your calendar for Tuesday, December 3rd and plan to give to your favorite non-profit … PROVIDENCE MONTESSORI SCHOOL!
To learn more about the Good Giving Challenge and the Bluegrass Community Foundation, click HERE!
2018 Recap: At the end of last year’s Good Giving Challenge, Providence had raised over $66,000! From that amount, $31,245 went directly to our classrooms to benefit the children. The remaining amount went to our Adriaan Kessler Scholarship Fund and to our endowment held at the Bluegrass Community Foundation. Some of the gifts given to the classrooms included beautiful new geography maps, classroom tables, patio furniture, picnic tables, musical instruments and a storage shed, just to name a few. It was an amazing outpouring of giving and generosity!