Look who's excited about heading to Providence's Montessori Middle School next year!
Scenes from Providence
Providence Montessori School in Lexington is the oldest American Montessori Society-accredited school in Kentucky.
Founded in 1965 as a non-profit educational endeavor by a group of local parents, it continues today as a parent-owned organization governed by a board of directors.
Providence is closed today, Monday, March 3rd, due to inclement weather.
- Check out our social media sites:
- March 15 - Prov ROCKS *click here for invitation*
- March 28 - 1/2 Day of School (Early dismissal: L/U Elem at 11:15am, Primary & Toddler at 11:30am)
- March 31-April 4 - No School / Spring Break
- April 21-25 - Book Fair
- April 25 - Earth Day (Early dismissal: L/U Elem at 11:15am, Primary & Toddler at 11:30am) - PICNIC
- TBA - Group Class Pictures
- May 1 - General Parent Meeting 7pm
- May 2 - 3rd Year Parent Visitation Day for Primary (no school for Primary only)
- May 22 - Last Day of Classes - FULL DAY
- May 23 - School Picnic 11am - No School
- May 26 - No School - Memorial Day
- June 27 - Last Day of Classes for Full-Day Toddler Programs - Full Day
In the News
What is Montessori?Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian physician, designed a system of education centered around the needs of each individual child.